GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
We are looking for an individual who performs professional and intermediate work in the coordination and management of public engagement.
Planning, researching, creating, coordinating, managing, marketing, advertising, promoting and implementing public engagement programs and events; preparing and maintaining appropriate records and files.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Communicate and work across City departments to optimize the written and visual content on our website, social media accounts, newsletter and to maintain a successful image.
- Create and maintain all marketing and promotional content through platforms such as all city social media, city website, newsletter, flyers, banners etc.
- Facilitate vendor set-up as needed, help to resolve any problems that arise;
- Record all data-driven content used to make future decisions.
- Collect names, email addresses, addresses, phone numbers, social media handles from residents, vendors, surrounding communities, businesses, government.
- Communicate/ engage with residents in reference to common issues or concerns they may have to help further drive the approach of relaying information.
- Communicate/engage non-profits, businesses and other resources that may further meet citizens needs
- Contribute to the success of live events, including programs, conferences, classes, and workshops, presentations, etc.
- Create and controls feedback/survey information to decipher citizen needs.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and maintenance of our brands’ content strategies by researching and writing posts, managing video shoots, and newsletters, and building a compelling narrative across multiple social media platforms, etc.
- Test and execute upon new strategies to maximize the impact of event launches and to increase the efficacy of our promotional campaigns
- Maintain and expand upon current relationships with residents, businesses, educators, investors, and government agencies
- Leverage new and existing influencers and affiliates to build brand awareness
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Comprehensive knowledge of municipal policies and procedures; enthusiastic advocate of local government; diplomatic conflict resolution; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, and citizens; ability to communicate complex ideas.
- Energetic work requiring the exertion of up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and the negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
- Sedentary work requiring the exertion of creative and innovative ideas and strategies that exemplify engagement, empowerment, and education through Smart City initiatives.
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels.
- Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, the operation of machines, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities.
- The worker is subject to adverse environmental conditions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/Master’s Degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient with Social Media
- Proficient with MacBook
- Proficient with Video Editing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated and able to multi-task
- Extremely organized and data-oriented
- Eager to learn, flexible
- Team player
Photography experience a plus!