* Coordinates the work of contractors and other interested parties dealing with the City’s new economic development projects.
* Monitors closely the progress of work performed by contractors.
* Assists with the analysis, defining of the project scope, writing of specifications of assigned capital projects.
* Sets-up and holds meetings with contractors.
* Assists the Economic Development Director in negotiating terms and conditions of contracts.
* Reviews plans, specifications, and construction cost estimates prepared by an outside contractor, including review with various governmental levels as appropriate.
* Participates in the bidding process for City projects which includes advertising for bid, evaluation, recommendations of the award and issuing a notice of award to contractors.
* Monitors capital improvements construction activities such as change orders and pay estimates within the scope of authority.
* Develops a schedule of capital improvement construction projects in relation to specific job tasks; ensures contractor compliance with established schedules accordingly.
* Reviews and prepares records and reports on operations and project activities.
* Performs related tasks as required.