Mission & Vision
The City of Seat Pleasant, A Smart City of Excellence is structured to be the employer of choice for those committed to building the future through education, service, civility, respect, and technology.
Human Resources will take a leadership role and provide services in support of The City of Seat Pleasant’s vision by promoting the concepts that our employees are our most valuable resource and will be treated as such.
The Human Resources department will act as a catalyst to enable all City of Seat Pleasants’ employees to obtain optimum levels toward the success of the business and City of Seat Pleasant.
We will do this by:
- Ensuring the human resources department staff are given the tools, training and motivation to operate in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Promoting and recruiting the best-qualified people, recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the workplace.
- Retaining our valued employees by: assuring effective leadership qualities in our managers; providing competitive wages and benefits; furnishing technical, interpersonal and career development training and coaching; conducting exit interviews and supplying relevant feedback to management and enhancing two-way communication between employees and management.
- Providing a work atmosphere that is safe, healthy, and secure and conscious of long-term family and community goals.
- Establishing, administering and effectively communication sound policies, rules and practices that treat employees with dignity and equality while maintaining company compliance with employment and labor laws, corporate directives and labor agreement.
DEPARTMENT MONTHLY REPORT
Jan 2*- New Year’s Day Jan 16- MLK Jr’s Birthday
Feb 20**- Washington’s Birthday
May 29- Memorial Day
July 4- Independence Day
Sep 4- Labor Day
Nov 10 – Veterans Day Nov 23 – Thanksgiving Day Nov 24 – Employee Appreciation Day
Dec 25 – Christmas Day